Saturday, November 20, 2010

White Rice


I've been pretty ill for the past week, so I've been eating a lot of white rice, mashed potatoes, and other such plain tasting foods. Today, I decided to go a little crazy and have a breakfast sandwich. I'm sure I will know shortly if that was a bad idea.

One of my favorite sandwiches is Gimme Lean "sausage" patty + daiya + onions + jelly. I know the jelly sounds odd, but it's sweet and unexpected and delightful! I actually contemplated slicing up some apples to put on my sandwich this morning, but opted for blueberry butter instead. This photo is from the summer when I was going crazy for grape jelly. I must have had some spinach on hand, too!




1 comment:

  1. The jelly does sound a little odd but I can see how a touch of sweetness would be nice.

    ReplyDelete