Thursday, October 28, 2010

Waffles

Back in May, Nate and I had our own private waffle party. I had just mastered making waffles in my George Forman 4-in-1 grill (it might not be 4 exactly, but it certainly performs more than 1 task). Here is a stack of waffles from that occasion. I made both gingerbread (which was kind of weird for May, but still good!) and peanut butter (my favorite!) waffles that day. We didn't eat all of them for breakfast. The great thing about waffles is that they can be frozen for later. If you make & freeze your own waffles, your money doesn't end up going to the same sketchy company that makes things like poptarts and Jimmy Dean's sausage sandwiches. Gross, I can't believe I fouled my blog by mentioning the word "sausage." Ach, I did it again!

Onto the waffles! Waffles are occasionally allowed to be eaten with a smear of peanut butter or some jam (for those busy on-the-go types). Otherwise, either real maple syrup or fruit is the only suitable topping.

No comments:

Post a Comment